In class, the teachers have helped ease my aches and pains and gave me support and hope. I love this place.
Yoga Teacher Training Program
Are you interested in becoming a yoga teacher?
Whether you are looking for a career, a way to share your passion of yoga with others or learning more about yoga to deepen your own practice, we have the most flexible yoga teacher training program around. We are a registered Yoga Alliance school offering 200 hour and 500 hour programs. Email Suzette Scholtes, training director, today at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a free class and a visit. Better yet, call her at (913) 492-9594 for a visit and to answer your questions. Make sure we are a fit for you!
Welcome! Since 2002, we have certified teachers with excellent skill in knowledge and in service.
Why our teacher trainers love it here:
- Attention to detail for alignment physical, mental, emotional & spiritual
- No one feels rushed or pressured or intimidated as they certify
- Teaching depth of understanding of the energy body and chakras
- Flexible schedule for moms or working students
- High regard for our certified teaching staff who all hold minimum of 5000 ceu’s up to 16,000 ceu’s of training
- Program customized for particular needs
- Impact of over 12 faculty voices to offer depth of knowledge
- Immersion and time with Visiting Faculty regarded as best in the world
- Affordable and flexible payment plans
Teaching yoga requires sensitivity, compassion and understanding, as well as lots of practice and technical and therapeutic knowledge. This program is designed for your own essence to radiate through, to communicate your own voice and expression of yoga naturally and with ease. To that intent, one must become free of the ego’s attachment of “am I good enough to teach?” Yes, you are! If you truly care to give, to serve, to inspire yourself and others, you are indeed a strong candidate for teacher’s training. It’s about joy of learning, not intimidation. Our program is carefully designed to inspire you and allow you to open to your full potential.
Our graduates work in their communities with great success. Many have intitaited their own business. They graduate the program with the skill to help common concerns for backs, hips, necks/shoulders, knees, spine, as well as increasing strength and stamina.
Free Yoga Teacher Training Trial
To make sure we are the best place for you, you may attend up to three classes with Suzette Scholtes and Maggie Kortchmar the directors of training, for free. We suggest you attend our Vinyasa, Flow, intermediate, restorative, and special focus classes to understand the depth of our knowledge and many approaches to yoga for all ages. No experience is required to begin the 200 Hour Program. It is best to visit with Suzette or Maggie (vinyasa/hatha flow director) in person to answer questions and understand the program.
You are trained in the following areas:
- Study of asana, Pranayama, mantra and meditation
- Teaching Methodology including voice, pacing, staging, alignment
- Sequencing for all levels including beginner-advanced, limited mobility, Therapeutic and Vinyasa.
- Yama and Niyama Philosophy and Yoga Sutras
- Energy of the body including chakras and etheric energy
- Anatomy & Physiology as related to yoga
- Basic Sanskrit
- Yoga nidra and Guided imagery
- Different teaching styles including Hatha (classic), Vinyasa flow and Restorative.
- How to address specific needs such as scoliosis, spine concerns, headache and more.
- Becoming a Teacher: Ethics, morals, legalities
- Understanding the value of teaching as service to others and community
Warm Vinyasa Cool Mind Teacher Training:Teacher Training Catalog
As a healthy, athletic executive, I took a hard fall from an orchestra pit and wounded my back with bulging discs, suffering from a lot of pain for a long time. I found the yoga school and within six months most of my pain and suffering amended. Today I am fully recovered from the structural damage and I regularly attend classes, free of pain. I am forever grateful to the teachers at the Yoga School.
Todd Voth, Executive Architect
With yoga I got my head and heart in the right place to be successful. Of course there where times when I over indulged, but fortunately, yoga offers a self-compassionate attitude toward change. I gave myself credit for positive change and recognized that over time, small steps lead to big results.
After my husband’s death from cancer, I felt depleted both body and soul. Quite lost, a friend encouraged me to take yoga classes at the Yoga School. I regained my strength and spirit. By the end of the year, the kind-hearted teachers at the Yoga School helped me to lift my grief and ease the sadness of losing my husband.
While in California training in a yoga certification program for weeks on end, I pulled my knee practicing advanced yoga without proper contraindications. I found The Yoga School and started practicing the yoga that helps rehabilitate weakened joints, especially knees and ankles. Within a year, my knee is free of pain. I owe a lot to the Yoga School for their knowledge on knee therapy. Being free of knee pain allows me my joy to teach yoga, sail, walk, dance and love life.
Julia Lentz, Lake Lotawana
With severe scoliosis, I felt the benefits of yoga in my home practice. After seeing how I had the freedom in class to direct my movements and withdraw form poses often not suitable for scoliosis, I have taken yoga classes at The Yoga School of Therapeutics now for years. I am thrilled to attend a yoga school that gives me freedom in class to direct poses suitable for scoliosis.